Tuesday, May 04, 2010

From frustration to meaning

I am work, and I will command you.
Yell and complain, and I will whip you.

I am ever-existing and never-dying –
I am a circle that has no end or beginning.

Hate those who bring me to you,
but like what you get for what you do.

If you are not working, you are rotting,
but if you are, you are growing and rising.

You will bow to me and suffer with me,
for without me, you are empty.

I know all but none knows me,
and some keep passing through me.

You will be sad that I am here,
but if I go, you will live in fear.

I bring you money and I bring you glory,
I bring you respect built storey by storey.

I bring you love and I bring you peace,
work for them and your heart will cease.

Everything will be brought to you through me,
and only by loving me will you truly see.

Want to work and like working,
it’s its own reward and it’s satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment