Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Proxy for the root language?

I heard (when a protagonist of a movie said it in an accusatory tone) that money is the language one most easily understands. I laughed at it as I listened, but I realized something just yesterday. I have been trying to find a way to explain my thoughts in a more forcible language to the common man and what I think is more vigorous than simple English (or a simple version of any language, for that matter) is the language of finance and economics.

Since it's a known fact that insurance firms put a price tag on human life and even happiness (whether it's true or false; accepted by people or not), I personally think it's a better way than just trying to verbally (or even philosophically) explain the truth hidden in our daily lives.

I used to detest/hate the finance industry for no logical reason (maybe the fact that it's just money-based), but if there is one reason I would be interested, this would be it. The financial advisory project I am currently working on, I should say, came as a blessing that brought me to this realization.

Next chapter in finance? Maybe I should find a financial (or economical :)) way to quantify human emotions, primarily, anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment