Friday, January 18, 2008

One of my ideal jobs

I would like to become a librarian. If I become a librarian, I can read all the books I want. Yes, I am after knowledge. Knowledge is in the library. Library entices me because I want to have all the knowledge I want in the short life I have. Vivekananda defines knowledge as a classification of all information, at some point. Classification of everything in the world. That reminds me of the library. Library is organized and classified. It is a hierarchical structure and represents the classification Vivekananda talks about. That's why I like libraries.

But, if I become a librarian, its obvious that I will not have time to study. Because the job of a librarian is not to study, but manage the library. His job is to help others study. Oh! Even a librarian doesn't have the time to study. I need to work and earn money to live and no time to study. All the time is being lost in working, and there is no time to study. That is why I am doing a PhD. To study. But what I am going to study during my PhD is a drop in the ocean of all knowledge. How do I drink the ocean? I can't live forever, so it's kind of impossible. I need to decide what to study and what not to study. Knowledge and experience also lies in telling what is important and what is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment