Saturday, February 13, 2010

We are all lonely together

  1. Long ago, one of my friends had once complained that all the academic textbooks now read like the authors' blogs and personal opinions and he started complaining heavily.
  2. Finally I realized the difference between empathy and sympathy in one of our training classes: "When you think, you empathize; when you feel, you sympathize."
  3. I heard a great quotation from someone yesterday: "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." I knew he was subtly referring to me when he said that, but I had an idea and said, "That's a good quotation, I should note it down!", and he fortunately took it in spirit and told us another one: "The confident says, 'I can do it.', but the arrogant says, 'Only I can do it.'"
  4. I want to write about people referring to their own blogs on their blogs and explaining why they can't post regularly or couldn't write something the previous week, but I wonder how I can do that without being arrogant or hypocritical.
  5. No poems or thoughts come to me as I sit and wait. I think and feel, I sit on my chair and wait. I am still waiting. No poetic emotions come to me. No enlightening thoughts. I wonder if That has forsaken me, either temporarily or permanently. But, I am still aware that I had once a copy of That in my mind and heart, and I know I can find it again and again, every time I lose it. For that is the beauty of That.
  6. You know what I want? I want to learn the key to learn all the languages of the world in one go. Will even learning the root language help me achieve that goal? I guess not, because it's either no longer being used or it's vastly different from modern and current languages. Possibly, even the right answer to "What is that, knowing which, I can know everything?" won't help me with this problem.
  7. I want to not use the words 'right' and 'wrong', 'good' or 'bad' ever, for they are ever so subjective, especially in professional settings. But then, how can I make people understand or even convey my meaning to them if I don't speak their own language? They use it in an introductory or a context-setting sense. Can I set the context using different adjectives and adverbs? I most certainly should be able to: 'extremely abysmal' or 'heavily disappointing' or 'immense room for improvement' could be some setters that I could use. I have no idea: Ich habe keine ahnung.
  8. Coming back to the desire to master all languages, I consider having 'perfected a language' only when I can read and write literature and poetry in that language.
  9. More?

No comments:

Post a Comment