Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Some goal

The vehicle I am riding to reach the goal I have chosen in this life, has only one seat. It's so unfortunate that I can not accommodate you on this journey. Pity I don't have a choice in this matter, honey. As a Hindi song goes, I know how you feel: "I'm forgoing my promise to you for the sake of a promise I've made to myself."

But don't lose heart, my dear. There is always hope, however temporary, however fleeting, however unfulfilled and however intangible. Let's enjoy this moment together as long as we are with each other. Let's revel in this world where even gods grow jealous of us, for, as Achilles in Troy says, "Gods envy us because we're mortals. Any moment might be our last. We will not be here again." I have received blissful love from your heart in the purest form and my soul will be grateful for the entirety of it's wretched and lonely existence. I can never forget you. I do not want to let go of you. I know that I am forgetting how your beautiful face looks like, but I can not lose the feelings I had felt in your company. I am so thankful for those serendipitous events that brought us together, and those moments that kept us together. I am so thankful that I got to experience your companionship.

The monologue written above can be appropriate in two different contexts: romantic and spiritual. I don't think I need to explain the former, for it's easily understood. The latter context needs a little deeper diving into the meaning of the phrase 'I am that (Nisargadutta)', which I suppose not everyone can normally understand, unless they've got true leadership qualities in themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment