Monday, November 23, 2009

Too happy to want to live

A young boy who found his first love would surely like to say these words to his new-found companion.

"Do you know how I am feeling right now? People usually say that there can never be a happier moment in their life, or that they are the happiest man on earth right now. That is an extreme understatement. There is no other word to describe how I am feeling right now: suicidal. I know you are horrified at such a thought, but that's how happy I am at this moment. All other moments before have been miserable than now. I am more than confident that all other moments in the future will also be less happy, no matter how much I wish this happiness lasted. I do not want to let go of you or this moment. I do not long to live any further, because this must be the end, the true purpose of my life. Maybe this is what poets mean when they say - 'Joy hidden in joy'. Maybe this is what they mean when they talk about not being able to sleep or eat, no matter how ridiculous and cliched it sounds to everyone else."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:57 AM

    I agree with your poetic thoughts, in fact emotionally . You have properly ( and logically )connected the mentations of the guy in the situation.I personally like the positive presenting of your idea, especially those verses surrounding suicidal.

    ReplyDelete