Friday, September 25, 2009

Getting the answer from the escapist

I have read and also observed from my private experience that you can more often than not get the answer out of someone who is trying to avoid the question by persisting and being understanding. You might have to say, "I completely understand your concern, but I really need this information to help you effectively". Or you might have to say, "Can you be more specific please? It would be very helpful if you can give me some numbers."
Many a time I have seen that you one get what you want at the second or third attempt. You are lucky if you get it right away, but if you don't, this is one way to go about it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:10 AM

    It is an experienced post.
    The idea works better when dealing with public situations.
    Concerning private situations, I think some questions are better answered unanswered. A wrong answer most of the times will be an irreversible spoiler.

    ReplyDelete